Richard J Kinch

Default Inground Swimming Pools

Benign Vanilla writes:

We're thinking of having an in ground pool installed, but we know
nothing about them. Can anyone recommend a site or resource that can
help a newbie learn and do research?

Before you do learn ANYTHING, decide on some number of dollars per swim
session you would AT MOST be willing to pay. Maybe $1, $5, $25, $100,
whatever, just decide on a figure for what it is worth to you. Also
predict how often you will swim, both now and for as many years into the
future you will be owning this pool. Be as honest and realistic about
actual predicted usage. Report your figures here in this thread. Write
these figures down and save them in the event you go through with the
project. Review them periodically.

Then read my comments on the true cost of owning a swimming pool:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=true+cost+swimming+pool+author:kinch

The economics of this decision may surprise you.