Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Fridge worry

On 06/10/2020 09:25, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I really don't know I think fridges are ganging up on us, after me doing the
suggested action of turning off with doors open for a long time and then
starting it over, It seemed my water problem had gone, that is until
yesterday morning when although the fridge was only 6 degrees, the puddle
was back. In your case though with a drain hole could the tray its supposed
to drain into be damaged cracked or rusty, depending on what its made off,
you can usually feel it on top or over the muter by the looks of things. Its
supposed to evaporate into the air harmlessly, not go on the floor.
Obviously there will be condensation in any fridge, so the water has to go
somewhere, in mine, unfortunately there is no drain hole.

Didn't you say that at the back of the fridge or freezer there is a tube
down to the compressor. It must come from somewhere inside of the unit
and its purpose is to probably drain water so that the heat of the
compressor evaporates it to atmosphere.