Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default wifi question

In message , T i m
writes
I think John Rumm
has installed a Mesh system with a customer and the customer is happy?

Speaking as a very 'non techie', I recently installed a mesh system at
home. Installed means nothing more than plugging into the mains and
pushing pairing buttons.

We now have the main router on a half landing, plugged into the main
(and only) landline phone socket, together with two non hard wired
repeaters, one upstairs and the other downstairs.

This laptop is in the kitchen, opposite end of the house to the nearest
repeater, and fast.com reports my wi-fi speeds a few seconds ago as
74Mbps down and 17Mbps up, which is good enough for me. Installed a few
weeks ago, and seems rock steady. We have various devices around the
house (mobiles, laptops, iPads, mobiles (Apple and Android) and all just
connect and work.
--
Graeme