Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default PU foam and PVC cables

On 05/10/2020 12:01, PeterC wrote:
On Mon, 5 Oct 2020 08:19:27 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

Spacing cable helps. Having them clipped to a thermally conductive
surface helps - even if they are covered in insulation.

When I insulated the loft I ran all but one of the cables (lighting only)
across the boards - neater underneath but not as bad as onto exposed joists
as they're easier to avoid.
The one cable is on top of the insulation and directly under the chipboard.
All the others have ~75 mm in insulation; that and a 6A mcb should be OK.
Even if all of the LEDs were swapped out for 100W incandescent lamps it'd be
like a grill upstairs and unlikely to happen.

Yup lighting circuits are unlikely to be a problem since the cable is
massively over-specced from a current carrying capability in most cases.

--
Cheers,

John.