Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Paste[_2_] David Paste[_2_] is offline

Default Wi-fi router recommendations please.

On Sunday, 13 September 2020 15:46:11 UTC+1, David Paste wrote:

Thank you. This OpenWRT firmware seems OK so far, but the
facilities for FTP and media serving is an effing nightmare.

Further update to this story:

I decided to remove the FTP and DLNA facilities from the OpenWRT
firmware and just have it as a regular wifi router. It performed
admirably for several weeks when the WAN port crapped out. I
don't know why. I tested the cat5 cables, etc, hoping it was
that. Ah well, can't win them all.