Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default wifi question

On Mon, 5 Oct 2020 11:14:36 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

I generally push my 'main' AP to the top of the list, other peoples
AP's (that I visit sometimes) further down and remove any that I know
are obsolete or were one-off's.

That makes sense when prioritising networks rather than individual APs,
since if you have given all the APs the same SSID, then they all look
like the same network.

I don't give them the same credentials here because there are times I
want to use a specific AP ... and given it doesn't make any difference
re connectivity (unlike a mesh), I prefer it that way.

Cheers, T i m