Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default PU foam and PVC cables

On Monday, 5 October 2020 at 08:55:45 UTC+1, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Unless the cables are stressed already, I'd not think it would.
Don't know about reactions, but unless it outgases a lot, I'd imagine the
space under there would mean it was pretty diluted, others may feel
differently, we never had such worries in my day... I feel like leaning on
an old gnarled walking stick near a farm gate looking into the distance...
grin.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
I am in the process of insulating under our kitchen floor, the plan being to
fit the Celotex between the joists and fill any gaps around the edge with PU
foam. However, some of these gaps also have cables passing through so just
to check does PU foam react like polystyrene with PVC? Secondly, does
passing through 100mm of insulation have any significant effect on the cable
ratings?

Richard

Thanks John, thinking back now I should have extended the capping that extra 100mm. On the safe side I will either do what Rob did or block the PU foam from contacting the cables.

Richard