Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Boilers

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
Be interesting if the latest model has more convenient self diagnosis,
etc. By plugging in a PC? Doing it via the onboard controls isn't the
easiest of things. And setting up the weather compensation.

Yeah its surprising with modern ebus style controls that more makers
don't offer that option.

To me, it would make sense to be able to set things via decent software.
Rather than multi-function buttons and the tiny screen menu on the built
in programmer.

Yup certainly. On the Vaillant VR470 there is a reasonable interface
(large backlit screen) and jog wheel to select options etc - so not as
bad as using the small LCD on the boiler, but it would still be better
sat on a computer with a PDF of the manual open on the screen beside you.

Of course the cry would then go up - what about those who don't have a
computer or smart phone? I'd say good luck to a technophobe programming
one anyway.

Well the setup is usually the domain of the professional (present
company excepted), so it seems perfectly reasonable for their business
to own a laptop as well as a flue gas analyser and any other special kit
required for the business of installing heating systems.

--
Cheers,

John.