Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4 DHJ ... Jim GM4 DHJ ... is offline

Default Sprinklers

On 04/10/2020 12:15, JohnP wrote:
A school has just gone up in flames in my area. Usual photos of it burning
inside whilst water is put on the outside. Usual cries for sprinklers - but
these can be vandalised and could cause problems.

I know about dry risers - usually to Landing Hose Unions - but what about a
simple array of pipes in the roof space with open nozzles. In the event of
a fire then the Fire Engine hooks up and dowses the fire from the inside
using the fixed nozzles - no need to enter the building. Notre Dame would
have possibly been saved if such a simple system was in place.

Any thoughts? It seems a compromise to a full sprinkler system but has the
advantage of not being automatic and able to flood the building.

A type of automatic dry riser you mean?...