Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Boilers

In article ,
The Nomad wrote:
Viessmann is looking quite likely as so far they are the only lot that
have done a quote (all the other are too busy - will be 3 week just for a
visit to quote).

This presumably is a Viessmann approved installer, rather than Viessmann
themselves?

I did a self install, and got a much better price for my Viessmann on
Ebay, than from the local agent. Of course a pro plumber using them a lot
may have got a better discount. Ebay was £300 less than them, including
delivery, with the 32 kW system boiler costing just under £1k. About 12
years ago.

When shopping for my Vaillant boiler and unvented cylinder and some
replacement rads, I approached our local plumbers merchant to get a
price. They were pretty close to the best online price I could find for
the boiler and cylinder anyway. So ordered it from them along with all
the other materials I would need, and let them deliver and unload it
straight into my garage. :-)

Be interesting if the latest model has more convenient self diagnosis,
etc. By plugging in a PC? Doing it via the onboard controls isn't the
easiest of things. And setting up the weather compensation.

Yeah its surprising with modern ebus style controls that more makers
don't offer that option.

--
Cheers,

John.