Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Heat-pump vs condensing boiler

On 02/10/2020 11:42, Theo wrote:
Electric UFH is just a big electric resistance heater, and unsurprisingly
that costs to run. Wet UFH can be hooked up to a boiler or heat pump - the
latter can run more efficiently due to a lower flow temperature.

We've got it installed in our (downstairs) bathroom. It's not the main
heat - it's got a towel-rail-come-radiator - and it's only on for an
hour or two in the morning.

Which means we have warm feet getting out of the shower

I don't think I'd want to do the whole house like that though.

Andy