Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Holmes[_2_] Chris Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default Heat-pump vs condensing boiler

On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 5:58:41 PM UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
Based on €śaverage€ť gas and electricity costs

Snip

I am getting lots of adverts on my FB feed at the moment (probably because I clicked on the first one) pushing Air Source as a way to save up to 80% of my Oil costs.

I presume the idea is to fit Air Source such that it provides some heat until to the conventional system until it runs out of steam and then the oil boiler fires up to "top up" / take it to the required temp to run the existing rads & cylinder.

but I've not investigated further, as that would doubtless need a visit from a "Surveyor" (Sales Reptile).