Posted to sci.electronics.repair
legg legg is offline

Default Carvin B2000 bass amp won't power on, need schematic.

On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 15:21:36 -0700, David Farber
wrote:

snip
Schematic is he
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/04...0revj.pdf?2645

I finally was able to figure out where all the power supply components
were hiding. They were obscured by the heat sinks. The culprits were
Q800 and Q802. Their part numbers are STGW30NC60W and they were both
shorted across all three terminals.

I still have one issue that needs resolving. I performed an in circuit
diode test across D809 and D810. They both read 105 ohms (regardless of
the polarity of the probes). In essence, connecting either one of those
diode's terminal with one probe and then connecting the other to ground
yields that same 105 ohm reading. On the other side of that bridge diode
circuit, D811 and D812 yield normal front to back in circuit diode
readings. Desoldering any of the components is quite a chore because of
the double-layered board. I am stumped trying to figure out the
troubleshooting path of least resistance here. I haven't ruled out that
the 105 ohm reading may just be normal but my gut feeling says it's not.

The anodes of D809 and D810 are DC-shorted through the transformer
winding. The 105R reading is likely between LORAIL+ and ground.

RL

RL