Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default where to find tim

On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 07:39:31 +0000 (UTC), RJH
wrote:

On 1 Oct 2020 at 00:45:11 BST, "williamwright"
wrote:

On 30/09/2020 22:30, T i m wrote:
Given the British and American Dietetic Associations have stated that
a well planned vegan diet (any diet should be well planned) is
adequate for people of all ages and we are all advised to cut back on
meat for loads of different reasons, it just makes good sense.

I don't want 'adequate'. I want another bacon sandwich.

It's just a habit. You'd be surprised how quickly you can find something that
tastes as good. Well, almost :-)

It's all down to intent, indoctrination and empathy Rob.

I liked a bacon sandwich but am more than satisfied with the animal
death and suffering free alternatives, simply because it's free of
animal death and suffering.

Although I did have a vegan bacon burger in Germany that did taste
astonishingly like bacon - the cheese and meat was incredible too.

Yup, they can be and are certainly getting better all the time [1].

I dread to
think of the chemicals that went into making it happen, but things have
certainly moved on on the taste/texture front.

Do you think the chemicals are any worse than the chemicals they put
into most other (non vegan) products?

https://ibb.co/PcBVgHB

If you go for non 'ready meal' vegan foods and make your own from
scratch (just as many do with a vegetable casserole or veg soup or a
salad etc) then the chances are it would (could) be as if not more
healthy for you than something based around meat.

What people don't link is the connection between the meat they eat and
the pollution and greenhouse gasses they create whilst doing so that
isn't anything like the same when eating a plant based diet. That
pollution etc affects *everyone's* heath.

Cheers, T i m