Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Oval frames

On Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 12:13:38 PM UTC-4, wrote:
We have an oval mirror in the bath room and my wife would like it to
have an oval frame for it. This seems like an "easy" do-it-yourself
project.

While I have a general idea of how you would construct an oval frame,
can someone give me some specific guidance or point me to a site that
shows specifics.

I made an oval frame in more or less that same manner as shown in the following
video.

Start with a rectangle with mitered corners, adding splines if desired. Cut the inside
oval, rout your rabbet, cut the outside oval and add to profiles of your choice.

https://youtu.be/f6WkzRH-Up8