Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default M2 SSD hard drives

On 29/09/2020 12:55, GB wrote:
I'm utterly confused. You've had this laptop for ages, without realising
there's an extra disk in there? Doesn't that mean you've never used it,
and there won't be anything on it?

Surely, you'd see it in the BIOS screen? Or in My Computer, if using
Windows?

Not that it really matters publicly but I bought it a few years ago and
spilled a drink in it not that long after (nodded off late at night,
drink in hand), put it in the laptop graveyard with some others.
It had windows on it, I put Ubuntu on it.

The missus rounded them up in a bag for life that we could barely lift
and told me to get shut. So they are going on ebay.

I recalled it having a small SSD and another drive in it but there were
no apparent drives in it at this time, leaving me assuming i'd removed
two drives from it.

Although it transpires there is this non-apparent (to me) drive.

There you go....