Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default FPS increased x3/4

On 26/09/2020 16:22, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Chris Green has brought this to us :
Always true in my experience with routers over the past several years,
the router always assigns the same IP to a given MAC address unless you
explicitly tell it not to.

The problem I was seeing, was with (both his and hers) laptops coming
out of hibernation, having no connection to a router and sometimes not
even showing my routers in the wifi list. It would show lots of other
local ones, just not mine, or if it did would report as being unable to
connect to them.

That I have found that is quite often a laptop problem where if you
sleep and wake it enough times, then the wifi just stops behaving in any
sensible way. Sometimes only a power off and back on again (i.e. not
just a restart) will fix it.

The only way to regain a connection, was to run a cold-boot.

--
Cheers,

John.