Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default FPS increased x3/4

In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
Worth noting that with much modern kit it may preserve a cache of MAC /
IP pairs even after lease expiry, so it can re-issue the same address
later where possible (although it can still re-allocate and address if
the lease has expired and it has run out of free pool addresses to meet
the current demand)

Always true in my experience with routers over the past several years,
the router always assigns the same IP to a given MAC address unless you
explicitly tell it not to.

Yes. I have a fairly old BT router. Ages ago, I did a list of what was
where - as this ancient machine prefers a fixed IP address. Did the same
recently - and was surprised to see the various Wi-Fi devices that aren't
on all the time still had the same ones.

It also has the ability to lock a MAC address to an IP one too.

--
*Tell me to 'stuff it' - I'm a taxidermist.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.