Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default OT National Trust Properties with Slave trade links.

On 25/09/2020 09:44, Fredxx wrote:
On 24/09/2020 20:49:48, GB wrote:
On 24/09/2020 17:00, Fredxx wrote:

We shouldn't hold present Jews any more accountable for the killing
of Jesus

Wasn't he killed by the Romans?

We're talking semantics here, aren't we? The people in the area are
generally taken to be of Jewish religion and Jewish ethnicity with
instruction from religious leaders to choose Jesus as the one to die.

But the Romans were the ones in charge. Crucifixion was their method of
execution. Their soldiers stood guard over the execution, etc. They
didn't have to execute him if they didn't want to.

Jesus was a thorn in the side of the religious establishment, I agree,
but I thought it was a popular vote that Jesus should be the one chosen?
Not my area of expertise at all, I'm afraid, so pardon my ignorance.

Do you feel the need to protect your guilty ancestors?

My Roman ancestors? No, I'm afraid that I rather admitted guilt on their
behalf.