Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT National Trust Properties with Slave trade links.

Well I've not seen the latest, but there was never any punches pulled on the
few I have been to in this area. Tour guides are pretty on the ball with
that kind of thing. One has to realise though that a building is guilty of
nothing, and the social norms of society many years ago is going to seem
completely at odds now. That is the whole point of history, to teach us not
to always slip on the same banana skin. You can't destroy the past by
burning all the books.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jack Harry Teesdale" wrote in message
The National Trust have produced a so called 'Shame' list of 93 of their
properties linked to the Slave Trade including Winston Churchills former
home Chartwell House.

https://expressdigest.com/national-t...olonial-links/

Is there no end to their historical 'whitewashing'?