Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default Ideas wanted for a replacement fuel tank

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Wrote in message:
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. pretended :
After serious thinking wrote :
The fuel tank on my 5.5HP Tecumseh-engined MTD chipper/shredder has started
to crack and my attempts at welding haven't solved the problem - I think
the plastic has just reached the end of its life. The tank part number is
Tecumseh 36863 and replacements seem to only be available in the US, so I'm
thinking of improvising something. Ideas so far include: perhaps a small
plastic fuel container in a frame (but the smallest I can find is 5 litre),
or an aluminium water bottle ... but both of these need a way to provide a
fuel-tight tapping and a way to let air in.
What suggestions has the team got (apart from import from the US)?

Some sort of screen washer bottle, from a car scrap yard.

Plenty of space on a tractor, you could even mount the tank to the side
of the engine compartment cover panels/ external.

What tractor?
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----