Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ideas wanted for a replacement fuel tank

Adapt one from another make or model which is available here? I'd have
thought the safety aspect might well be the issue if you make one, after
all, does not the breather need a one way valve in it or something?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
The fuel tank on my 5.5HP Tecumseh-engined MTD chipper/shredder has
started to crack and my attempts at welding haven't solved the problem - I
think the plastic has just reached the end of its life. The tank part
number is Tecumseh 36863 and replacements seem to only be available in the
US, so I'm thinking of improvising something. Ideas so far include:
perhaps a small plastic fuel container in a frame (but the smallest I can
find is 5 litre), or an aluminium water bottle ... but both of these need
a way to provide a fuel-tight tapping and a way to let air in.
What suggestions has the team got (apart from import from the US)?