Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default OT but relevant.

In message , nightjar
writes
On 22/09/2020 21:18, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , nightjar
writes
On 22/09/2020 14:26, Tim Lamb wrote:
Anyone come across a bulk source for packet soup?
*Toast, cup of soup (oxtail is good Tim and shows they use all the
animal), banana and a slice of whatever cake I find in the tin makes
an* easy d-i-y lunch.
*The shopping dept. comes home from Waitrose with packs containing
3 or 4* packet soups. It must be possible to purchase these packs
in bulk and I* wonder if anyone has found a source.

Knorr do most of their powder soups in 25 serving pots. Available
from several places online, including Amazon.

Indeed. Appears to require saucepan and cooking time. The cup a soup
brews while I am waiting for the toaster.

Porridge oats are supposed to be cooked. I find pouring boiling water
on them and waiting a bit works just fine. I suspect the same would be
true of powder soup.

I prefer my porridge with milk and use one of those cups with *porridge*
to here/milk to here marks. One minute at 900watts microwave, quick stir
and a second minute does the job.

Flahavans Oats best as they take out the fines. Other brands settle in
the packs and lead to *boil over* issues when too many fines are in the
mix:-(

Amazon seem to have some possibilities. Order every other month to
get their free deliveries:-)

--
Tim Lamb