Zipadee Doodar

Default replacing wood bath panel with acrylic or painting white?

I have inherited a reasonably large corner bath which has a "mahogany"
panel. Mrs Doodar would like to replace it with a moulded acrylic job, but
local suppliers all say that it is impossible to obtain such a thing for a
bath several years old. (The radius varies from 54 inches at each edge to 60
inches in the middle.)

One supplier has suggested that these days, french polishers have
diversified into painting wooden bath sides with some sort of acryilic
paint, but my local guy just looked blankly at me. Does anyone have any
information, or suggestions as to how I can grant Mrs Doodar's desire for an
all white bathroom? ( I don't want to paint it myself, if i did it would
look carp. Or even crap.

TIA