Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT but relevant.

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 14:26:53 +0100, Tim Lamb
wrote:

Anyone come across a bulk source for packet soup?

Never looked, hardly ever have it.

Toast, cup of soup (oxtail is good Tim and shows they use all the
animal),

And you will only get 0.5% of actual ox-tail in yer packet of ox-tail
soup (if you are lucky). ;-)

And this sort of things:

Water, Tomatoes (5%), Glucose Syrup, Maize Starch, Beef (2%),
Vegetable Oils (Palm, Sunflower), Oxtail (0.5%), Salt, Roasted Barley
Malt Extract, Flavourings (contain Celery, Milk), Flavour Enhancers
(Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium Guanylate, Disodium
5'-Ribonucleotides, Glycine), Emulsifiers (Pentasodium Triphosphate,
Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Milk Proteins, Sugar, Onion,
Black Pepper Extract, Colour (Paprika Extract), Smoke Flavouring
Dietary Information
Contains Barley, Contains Celery, Contains Milk, May Contain Wheat

So, it looks more veg and chemicals than anything to do with an ox.
;-)

banana

That's good for you ...

and a slice of whatever cake I find in the tin

Is it a magic tin or just very big?

makes an
easy d-i-y lunch.

I'd say more like a 'pick-n-mix' lunch, given you won't have actually
*made* any of it.

The shopping dept. comes home from Waitrose with packs containing 3 or 4
packet soups. It must be possible to purchase these packs in bulk and I
wonder if anyone has found a source.

Did you forget you were a farmer Tim and with all the land you have
there you could have some real veg in some real soup pretty quickly?

If yer chef is away we can do you some frozen / microwaveable meals
that would be both nutritious and tasty (and some more cakes for the
tin. We have just had a slice of some very nice / rich birthday cake
given to us). ;-)

Cheers, T i m