Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Kind of OT, Sweats

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 09:58:15 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

For the reasons you have stated, I prefer to have different glasses for
different tasks.* I have a pair for close work 18", a pair for computer
use 20" and a folding travelling pair for reading menus etc. 18".

Yeah, I used to have two separate pairs, but tended to find that unless
I remembered to carry the reading ones with me all the time, I would end
up in a situation where I did not have them and wanted them.

Does it make sense that I generally were the same 'reading glasses'
(eBay Ready Spex sorta thing) for all but very close / fine work (when
I wear something much stronger)?

I mean, my daily's at 2.5 (might be 2.75, can see g) they are close
to what my prescription should be (both eyes) for some role (reading?)
but they are also improve my medium - long distance vision?

After the last eye test I actually had 3 pairs of glasses made up, one
for each end of the prescription (reading / distance) and another
stronger pair for close-up work but apart from a test wear of each of
the pairs they remain in their box. ;-(

Cheers, T i m