Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default Bloody Lidl

On 20/09/2020 19:00, alan_m wrote:

My local Lidl stores have red/green illuminated signs to say which tills
are open.* There is an public address announcement to say till XYZ is
closing, the sign turns red BUT the till isn't closed until everyone
with goods on the belt is served.

And they tell you a till is opening. Then you join the queue at that
till (having been mildly stampeded by poor people) and wait an
interminable length of time for someone to come and man it. While the
folk behind you at the massive queue you were in previously make their
purchases and leave.
I'm genuinely convinced that Lidl is managed by sadists.

Whereas in our local Sainsbury's the staff are just soooooo bloody nice
it takes the old dears shopping in there half an hour to pack their bags
while they have a good chin wag.
I don't know which is worse.

I ####ing hate shopping. It's a first world problem though I suppose.
One we might not have for much longer!