Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Bloody Lidl

Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in message
michael adams submitted this idea :
Basically the Lidl scum management are more than happy to give tens of
thousands of customers potential chronic backache in years to come *(those
who are of an age that they can still reach down that far) simply so as to
gain a bit more floor area,

A local shop also uses them, Fultons. They don't have space enough for trolleys.

They would if they removed some of their shelving and shrunk their
product range. Its just plain greed. There is never any excuse for
any retailer to have old dears having to reach down to the ground
and then lift stuff up onto a belt or a counter. They'll have
already done enough of that during their lives, as it is.

I happen to know this, as I was often stood behind them in the
queue and often ended up doing most of it for them.

Around my way they also removed all the handbaskets at the same
time.

I've never used baskets myself as the first thing I picked up in
a Lidl was an empty carton off the shelves and used that for the
few things I bought. Then the self checkouts came in. Then
after that Lidl were getting undercut by Asda on a lot of
stuff and I haven't been in one for months.

michael adams

excuse