Posted to uk.d-i-y
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default Bloody Lidl

On 20/09/2020 17:58, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
In Lidl yesterday, two tills open out of maybe six, with long queues at
both, we joined the end of the queue of one. After a long wait, we got
to begin plonking our purchases on the conveyor, at which the woman on
the till announced she was closing for a break, with the announcement of
an alternative till being opened. The entire queue had to move to a
fresh till, us expecting to at least be dealt with she refused and told
us to go join the back of the new queue.

One person in the queue was complaining that this had happened to them
already in this visit. How do they get away with treating customers like
this? If they know they are going to be closing a till, why don't they
advise people attempting to join a long queue and at least deal with
those already having queue up.

Instinct suggests, that the way for customers to defend against this
treatment, is to just abandon their intended purchases and walk out.

This happened to me in Asda a while back. I wrote my details down, put
it on the counter, and set off out with my trolley. A guy tried to stop
me so I said I've left my details; they could come to my place and count
up and then invoice me. All hell broke out. The rest of the queue
started to do the same thing. It got chaotic and slightly physical.
Finally a manager took over a till and dealt with the queue. As I
reached my car another manager came up to me and said, "We have your
picture. You will be banned from all Asda shops indefinitely." I told
him to **** off.
It's not like me to be like that but I was riled.

Bill