Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bloody Lidl

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 11:23:20 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Several large Lidl close enough to here. I use the newest one which has
self service checkouts. For some odd reason many prefer to queue up than
used them ...

Depends on how good the implimentation is. Local Co-op had a couple
installed recently, bad implimentation. If you *slightly* lift your
bag, to open the top say, when putting a scanned item in the chances
are it'll throw a wobbly and ask you to take it out, you do so and it
ask you to put it back, then ask you take it out again... Until it's
happy it won't let you scan another item. There doesn't appear to be
any "settling" timeout to allow for the rapid positive/negative
weight changes as an item is placed in the bag.

The proper cashiers can see and hear what is going on and can overide
it from their terminal but it's still a PITA. I've given up using
them.

--
Cheers
Dave.