Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Bloody Lidl

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 20/09/2020 22:38, PeterC wrote:

I use a basket, sling the shopping back in the basket as it comes through
and then load the rucsack on the shelf at the front.

But many people seem to try and put 2 trolley loads of goods into a
single basket, then load all onto the belt and ditch the basket before
going through the checkout. Perhaps if they took the wheels off the
baskets and they could only be held in the hand certain customers would
then choose the appropriate container for their shopping.

At one time baskets weren't permitted through the 'til but that seems
to have changed a few years ago.

The baskets now have transducers that set off the alarms if they are
taken through the exit doors. All baskets must stay within the store.

Still, since mid-March I've been shopping at Waitrose - it's just
/civilised/. The extra cost is mainly due to being unable to resist the
goodies but the total is still less than Morrisons then pub.

Don't Waitrose and the John Lewis group have some financial problems
from trying to appeal to their "civilised" niche market but are failing
to attract enough custom?

Ah, the Waitrose customers who shop at Lidl/Aldi but wouldn't be seen
dead with a Lidl/Aldi carrier bag so they bring their Waitrose bags in
which to pack their shopping

I use my M&S "everlasting" bag in Lidl.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England