Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Bloody Lidl

On 20/09/2020 18:05, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 17:58:43 +0100, Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:

Instinct suggests, that the way for customers to defend against this
treatment, is to just abandon their intended purchases and walk out.

BTDTGTTS

PC World a few years ago. I was behind a guy whose card was giving
problems. Only one till open, so queue building up behind me. Manager
came over, totally couldn't sort card issue out and told cashier to open
next till ... of course the git at the back of the queue whizzed to the
front of that queue. As the manager was right in front of me, I
immediately pointed out it was a bad form. He shrugged his shoulders and
said that wasn't his problem. To which I said no, and putting the £100
worth of stuff I had back on the shelves wasn't mine either - and walked
out.

Meanwhile, at Tesco, I have been curated from a broken till to the head
of a new queue next door, so it's (a) entirely possible and (b) a
recognised phenomenon.

And I was told I gave Halfords a bad time....tee hee