Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bloody Lidl

And a lot do, and not all stores act like that one, so I'd suggest its lack
of good management, ie the manager and maybe some of the staff went to idiot
school.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in message
In Lidl yesterday, two tills open out of maybe six, with long queues at
both, we joined the end of the queue of one. After a long wait, we got to
begin plonking our purchases on the conveyor, at which the woman on the
till announced she was closing for a break, with the announcement of an
alternative till being opened. The entire queue had to move to a fresh
till, us expecting to at least be dealt with she refused and told us to go
join the back of the new queue.

One person in the queue was complaining that this had happened to them
already in this visit. How do they get away with treating customers like
this? If they know they are going to be closing a till, why don't they
advise people attempting to join a long queue and at least deal with those
already having queue up.

Instinct suggests, that the way for customers to defend against this
treatment, is to just abandon their intended purchases and walk out.