Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default Bloody Lidl

In Lidl yesterday, two tills open out of maybe six, with long queues at
both, we joined the end of the queue of one. After a long wait, we got
to begin plonking our purchases on the conveyor, at which the woman on
the till announced she was closing for a break, with the announcement
of an alternative till being opened. The entire queue had to move to a
fresh till, us expecting to at least be dealt with she refused and told
us to go join the back of the new queue.

One person in the queue was complaining that this had happened to them
already in this visit. How do they get away with treating customers
like this? If they know they are going to be closing a till, why don't
they advise people attempting to join a long queue and at least deal
with those already having queue up.

Instinct suggests, that the way for customers to defend against this
treatment, is to just abandon their intended purchases and walk out.