Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Platt[_2_] Dave Platt[_2_] is offline

Default Antennae Booster

Stu jaxon wrote:
Hi Group, can someone help please, I have an antenna booster that requires a power supply of 6v 100ma, can i use a
variable power supply 6v 300ma???

Assuming that they're both DC supplies, and assuming that you get the
polarity correct (positive-supply to positive-load, negative-supply to
negative-load), and assuming that you're careful to not turn the
variable power supply up to higher than 6 volts... yes, it should
work. The 300 mA capacity of the variable supply is greater than the
100 mA which the booster will draw, and that's OK. However, turning
up the supply to above 6 volts may damage the booster. I'd recommend
checking the supply voltage with a voltmeter before you connect it to
the booster.

Do be aware that "antenna booster" amplifiers can cause more problems
than they solve. In most cases you'll get better results by improving
your antenna setup.