Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Carvin B2000 bass amp won't power on, need schematic.

On 9/21/2020 12:00 PM, legg wrote:
On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 09:57:39 -0700, David Farber
wrote:

On 9/21/2020 8:34 AM, legg wrote:
On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 09:59:22 -0400, legg wrote:

On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 22:17:29 -0700, David Farber
wrote:

Actuslly, the second relay looks more like a line voltage
selector. It will close for line voltages below 180VAC.

It looks like this unit isn't power factor corrected.

If that's the case, then you could do a quick fix by
relocating the voltage select relay to the inrush
position, short out the old voltage select relay
contact position, then place a large sticker on
the back indicating "100-130VAC INPUT ONLY".

RL

What an ingenious workaround! I'll definitely check out that relay swap
option.

By the way, the user informed me the model was not purchased in 2000. It
was purchased in 2009. There is a schematic for that year but it looks
incomplete to me. I've uploaded it to:
https://app.box.com/s/ch670hnsrtoswqhebtrye95n2vw5ktre

Thanks for your reply.

The following schematic covers models:
DCM1540L
DCM2000L
DCM3000L
DCM3800L
B2000 Rev J

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/04...0revj.pdf?2645

It has a line input and power stage looks similar to the
one you're fooling with, but I don't see a tube section
inserted anywhere.

You can wade through other Carvin docs:

https://carvinaudio.com/pages/power-amplifier-schematic

The older B2000 had a 60Hz transformer power supply, unlike
your unit.

RL

That's a great find. I wonder if the schematic I found earlier in my
research,
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/04...feb10.pdf?2161
interconnects with this new one you found.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA