Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Vines growning from within bushes?

On 9/26/2020 11:00 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 26 Sep 2020 07:18:46 -0500, dpb
wrote:

On 9/26/2020 1:24 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 25 Sep 2020 12:29:24 -0400,
wrote:

That is basically Garlon (Tryclopyr).
It kicks Glyphosate's ass.

Mode of Action: Triclopyr is an auxin mimic or synthetic auxin. This
type of herbicide kills the target weed by mimicking the plant growth
hormone auxin (indole acetic acid), and when administered at effective
doses, causes uncontrolled and disorganized plant growth that leads to
plant death.

Sounds complicated, high-tech, and scarey!

Glyphosate kills plants by inhibiting
5-enolpyruvylshikimate-3-phosphate synthase (EPSPS). EPSPS is a
key enzyme in the shikimate biosynthetic pathway which is
necessary for the production of the aromatic amino acids, auxin,
phytoalexins, folic acid, lignin, plastoquinones and many other
secondary products.

That's scarey too. I miss the days when all we did was pour salt on
the land.

That's worse than the herbicide for the ground, though, the herbicides
breakdown and go away; the salt is there forever until it gets diluted
and pollutes the ground around the application spot some, which may
stunt growth that is intended.

See what happened in Israel and has happened elsewhere as well by
continuing irrigation with water containing excessive salts
concentrations...