Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default How can these cost $68?

Ralph Mowery writes:
In article ,
says...

You referred to them as "fools", twice. That's judgement. So obviously you
do care.

It's no different from someone buying a 1.5 million dollar McLaren and
crashing it the next day.

If the man has enough money to buy a 1.5 million dollar car that is
fine. At least he can drive it.

As far as the crash, if not an intentional crash, it was not foolish.

If that is the crash I am thinking about and he was going way over the
speed limit, that part is the foolish part.

Actually, I wasn't thinking of any particular incident. Many crasheMs
aren't the fault of the driver.

That inch of paper with some print on it is totally worthless except for
the collector value of being able to say that it is the only one.

That's true for the Mona Lisa, van Gogh's _The Starry Night_ and
thousands of other very expensive works of art.

Suppose I take a piece of paper and put some paint on it. Practically
worthless. However if I can convience (or others convience) that my
paintings are worth something, then it suddenly becomes very valuable.
As I will never become famous, my paper will be worthless.

What does that have to do with rare stamps?