Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How can these cost $68?

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 23 Sep 2020 23:26:29 -0400,
wrote:

On 9/23/20 10:19 PM, micky wrote:
How can these cost $68? There just little metal? rings. What are
they? They come in several colors, but are shown on different pages. I
don't know if they are specific to my 2005 Toyota Solara fog lights, or
not. I found them under fog lights. I only have 2 fog lights, why
would I want 5 bezels? Even 2 woudl be $27 if one could find just 2.
One bulb is burnt out but why would a bezel need replacing?

https://www.autozone.com/exterior-li...zel/474955_0_0

Where do you see these are for a Solara ?

I put Solara in in the first place, and then looked for bulbs for my
car, and I hope everything they show also fits my car. Maybe not.

They are replacement rings on a after-market 5 lamp "off-road" light bar
made by KC Hilites

See
https://www.amazon.com/KC-HiLites-28... 17566&sr=8-58

Thanks. Wow. $484 for the lights, which Amazon cleverly says will not
fit my car. Actually they only list Jeep Wrangler JL or Gladiator JT
Rubicon Steel Bumper Option. My car is nothing like those.

I guess if you'll spend 484 for lights, 68 is nothing for colored
bezels.

Also see
https://www.amazon.com/KC-HiLiTES-30.../dp/B015EBIMJ0 where
there is a video at the bottom of the page showing the bezels being
swapped to change color of the bezel.

So the thing is only a foot wide.

I do my off-roading in the daytime. :-)

And cheaper too, only $41 for what Autozone wanted 68. But hey, if
you've got it in your pocket, spend it. You can worry about old age if
you live that long.