Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacement toilet

On 9/23/2020 9:16 AM, dpb wrote:
On 9/22/2020 10:27 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/22/2020 9:21 PM, dpb wrote:
Getting around to the bath in the old farmhouse redo -- anybody had
experience with newer toilet peformance to the reduced water
standards -- either positive recommendations or ones known to avoid.

Did a search on "best" and returned lists composed almost entirely of
brands/manufacturers I've never heard of before -- all the old
standbys like Kohler, American Standard, Elger, ... nearly non-existent.

--

In my last house I had two Kohler, this house has two Kohler, we
renovated at work a few years back and put in 4 Kohler.Â* All are the

I think they all improved over some of the originals that you had to
triple flush.Â* Comfort height is very nice too as you get older.

I've heard some American Standard are very good too, just no personal
experience.Â* As you can imagine though, I'd not hesitate to use Kohler
again.

Used Kohler faucets too in four bathrooms and 1 kitchen.

That's another piece of the puzzle -- a 40 year old Delta and I replaced
the whole internals just a couple months ago and it still drips.Â* Chrome
plating peeling; the countertop is going to be replaced, too, so it'll
also become history.

Any idea of specific Kohler toilet models?Â* I'm looking for traditional
to go in old farmhouse, not some space age thing that would look totally
out of place.

--

Pretty sure it is the Cimmeron. Traditional style, nothing really
fancy. Got the slow close seats too.