Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Replacement toilet

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 10:01:35 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 9/22/2020 9:21 PM, dpb wrote:
Getting around to the bath in the old farmhouse redo -- anybody had
experience with newer toilet peformance to the reduced water standards
-- either positive recommendations or ones known to avoid.

Did a search on "best" and returned lists composed almost entirely of
brands/manufacturers I've never heard of before -- all the old standbys
like Kohler, American Standard, Elger, ... nearly non-existent.

--

I'm not an expert but all 4 of my toilets over the years were replaced
by lower water standards and work well.

I have 2 Toto's and actually the one I like best with a bigger flush
valve is the one I would avoid because I have had to replace the valve a
few times along with the handle which has a camming action that can only
be replaced with an OEM handle.

Saw Micky's response and reminded of a hotel toilet in Europe with a
shelf over the water pool where poop would go sitting out of the pool
and stinking. Someone had to be out of their mind with this design.

In Gatineau Quebec water must be free .. our favourite little
hotel there has toilets that must use about 6 gallons for every
flush ! ... very unusual in this day-and-age ..
John T.