Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another home wiring puzzle

In article ,
wrote:
On Sunday, 20 September 2020 10:48:07 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:
Our house (as in the house I grew up in, back in the 1950s) had a very
early ring circuit as it was built in 1949 or thereabouts. It
definitely had fuses at each end of the ring. Whether that was as it
should have been or just how the electrician (my father I think)
thought it should be I don't know.

When rings were first introduced, people used to make them from 2 15A
radial circuits joined together.

I don't know how officially-sanctioned that was or for how long.

Yes- I've seen that several times, with old style fuseboxes. I suppose
it's safe enough as regards circuit protection?

--
*Why is it that to stop Windows 95, you have to click on "Start"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.