Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Help with electrics for mini lathe.

On 19/09/2020 22:34, wrote:
On Saturday, 19 September 2020 21:03:41 UTC+1, ss wrote:
Mini lathe 50 odd years old, the motor not original.

I would like to reduce the size of the electric box.
It contains an on off switch, an indicator lamp, and a reverse switch.
Inside is a large capacitor which takes up the space if I can replace
the capacitor with a smaller dimension then I can reduce the elec box size.
Is a more modern one smaller and if so what sort of ratings am I looking
for on eBay?

Image:
https://imgur.com/igFcKqj

image not visible.
It'll be a motor start or run cap, look those up of the capacity yours is (in uF). Pick the same uFs & voltage rating.

NT

Try this link.
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...Hg8rkea3H47NcO