Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Here's why you'll need to prepare for a smaller paycheck in 2021

On 19/09/2020 17:22, Trump 2020 wrote:
On 9/19/20 12:13 PM, Bod wrote:
Didn't Trump promise bigger paychecks?
Looks like you might have to pay it all back, unless I've read it wrong?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/he...ycheck-in-2021

Say what you like but I've never before had an interest-free loan from
the IRS.

Sounds great, right? Read it again:

Since the aforementioned taxes are only being deferred, not forgiven
completely, you'll need to repay them in 2021. Specifically, you'll have
that extra tax withheld in equal installments between Jan. 1 and April
30 of 2021. Any tax not paid back by that point will begin to accrue
interest and penalties.

While your paychecks might get a short-term boost, they're going to get
smaller in 2021, and you'll need to plan accordingly.