Seeker

Default Deck Stain - Transparent or Opaque?

In article ,
Matt wrote:

I have used Penofin on my Cedar deck for the last three years. The first
application lasted 2 years. Last spring, I pressure washed and
re-stained the deck. Less than a year later, the finish looks terrible.
I am curious about the Cabot line of stains. Anyone do an A-B on deck
stains?

Matt

Bob wrote:

I've been using cabot's solid stain on my deck for over 12 years.
I've never considered stripping it. I just recoat every couple
years after a light pressure wash. I did sand the top surface
once - the stuff came easily off - nothing like paint.

Bob

I used Wolman's Deck Stain with Water Repellent, semitransparent, in
August of 2002. It will need to be redone this year. It looked
beautiful when I finished it, better than the "professionals" I had do
the deck. I used a Wolman's product to lift the old stain off and it
too worked very well.

bob g.