Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_36_] Peter[_36_] is offline

Default Fixing Loose Handle on Cuisinart Round Waffle Maker

On 9/17/2020 7:31 PM, Gary wrote:
Thanks for the Info Wade. My Lid seemed loose when new so I followed
your instructions and found it was just a poor loose design.* I am
attaching a couple photos of the underside of the black lid trim piece
to show the plastic locking tabs and the silver steel hinge that I
assume is loosing up (screw is removed in photo). I glued mine with red
Loctite to prevent future loosing.
PS - the temp control lever is also loose and badly designed and really
no way to improve it but it seems to work ok as is. You can access it
buy removing the the 5 screws on the underside (2 screws under the
rubber feet pads) and marvel at it's poor design as well.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/5xx
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/5xz
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/5y1
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/5y3

Don't remember when I bought mine, probably some time in the late 1980s.
Handle has been loose since first use. Never loosened more since. My
bigger gripe with this item is lousy temperature control. I used to set
the thermostat to 3 but first 1-2 waffles were burnt. Set it back to 2
1/4 and they were perfect but subsequent ones were very pale and
undercooked. I found that I need to start at about 2 1/4 and nudge the
temp up, ending up at just slightly more than 3 for the last of the
batch in order to get a semblance of equal cooking for the entire batch.