Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Best bargain smart phone?

In article , Max
Demian scribeth thus
On 17/09/2020 13:33, Ian Jackson wrote:
My present phone makes phone calls and texts - but that's all.

I want to buy a modern smartphone for PAYG, but I'm amazed at the
virtually infinite range of models and prices - literally anything from
£10 to £1000.

It's only for occasional use, and doesn't need to do anything fancy -
but obviously a few phonecalls, texts, internet, apps etc. The Samsung
A20E (at around £150) seems to be well recommended as a reasonable
compromise - but there are several others in a similar price range. I
don't really want to pay more, so does anyone have any suggestions?

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8520867

SIM Free Motorola E5 Play 16GB Mobile Phone - Black: £59.95

Clearance. Getting cheaper and cheaper. I've got one and it's fine.
About the only thing it doesn't do is NFC.

Might have a look at that as a backup to my urber trusty MOTO G4 solid
as a rock that

--
Tony Sayer