Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Best bargain smart phone?

On 17/09/2020 14:54:47, Pamela wrote:
On 14:22 17 Sep 2020, R D S said:

On 17/09/2020 13:33, Ian Jackson wrote:

I want to buy a modern smartphone for PAYG, but I'm amazed at the
virtually infinite range of models and prices - literally anything from
£10 to £1000.

I had a Redmi Note 9 and loved it.

I reluctantly swapped it recently and gave it to the missus, she loves
it too.

It's a decent size, good enough camera, very quick and responsive.

Had a few Redmi now over the years and I can't complain about any of them.

I've heard Redmi Note phones are very good value but are customised as
standard to show lots of ads. Can this be disabled?

I'm not aware of an excessive number. Apps usually carry their own
advertising. I use App Ops to block apps accessing the internet.

The other thing I like about Xiaomi is they allow you to unlock their
bootloader so you can root the phone. Other companies like Huawei don't.