Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT Halfords rant

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 08:29:37 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

snip

So this is an Ikea branded Raleigh Shopper / Twenty / Stowaway?

yes one xmas instead of getting a hi fi or something they wanted ieeka
gave their staff bikes....the grateful staff mostly sold them off for
peanuts

Lovely.

I bought three of them ....

Result for you then.

keep two at the trailer
park.......

So are they Raleigh folders, the 20" 'Shopper'?

most people take the ieeka sticker off them but I didn't it
gives people a laugh and when they ask about them is gives me a
operchansity to slag off their kitchens .....

I bet you are a real hoot to meet up with ...

ieeka never sold them to
the public but used some as props in the shop...

Ok.

i hate ieeka having
built one of there crappy kitchens 15 years ago then they changed the
design and you cant get cabinet fronts etc any longer.....

Hardly surprising though eh?

I fitted a Schreiber kitchen myself probably 20 years ago and it's all
still fine. I could do with a new door (the trim got melted when
someone left the oven door ajar) but wouldn't assume they could still
supply one.

Cheers, T i m