Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Heat pumps?

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 20:11:23 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 9/15/2020 8:10 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 9/15/2020 7:49 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 15 Sep 2020 17:13:13 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

**** I was watching the Dirty Jobs show with Mike Rowe the other day.
He was helping well drillers sink wells for a heat pump system for
something like an old folks home.
** It occurred to me that I haven't heard of any for plain houses.* Too
expensive?
*** By the way he can sing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peH8UGccbXA

I've been to a house in Dover, Del. with geothermal heating and cooling.
Not a cheap h ouse but no mansion either.* T hey seem to have removed
two new AC compressors in the process of installing the geothermal.

It is likely thqt the compressor characteristics would be different.
Certainly, temps are different than air source.

Actually, the heat pump requirements probably forced the change from AC
compressors.

Heat pump compressors ARE AC compressors - the sycle is just reversed
for heating. Matter of a rather simple valve